The beginning…

5 Nov

It’s all about you. I was a little nervous, yet excited, when I reached Mannheim in early September this year. After all, coming to Mannheim is one my most important decisions and of course a big investment.

It’s just been a little more than a month and there is so much to learn. I just need to keep my mind open. The knowledge simply flows in. I was talking to one of my classmates during kickoff week for about 20 minutes and I already learned a concept in Finance. That makes me wonder how much I will learn in an entire year.

The company presentations are great. I especially liked when a CFO of a company explained how his company survived a bankruptcy situation and what they learned from it. He was so confident that his company would never face that situation again. The post-MBA options that are offered by some companies are useful and many companies encourage us to take part in their competitive challenges. The industry experts explaining how they overcame the near crisis market situation was encouraging.

Weekends have never been so much fun. Every week someone organizes something. We already had a BBQ party, football matches and trips. Working in Multi-Competence Teams (MCT) and looking for information for our social project has been exciting, too.

Working in groups is essential here in Mannheim and helps us a lot to learn quickly, especially when working on real financial and marketing projects. I didn’t know that learning could be so easy.

Looking at Rhine River every morning from my window is so refreshing. Walking down the lane towards the Business School makes me feel good. People in the class are so helpful. We all have a different background, yet we have a common goal – to learn from each other. Some people in my class say “Sky is the limit”. It truly is.

And this is just the beginning ….

-Bikram Shrestha-
Mannheim MBA 2013

Advertisements

7 Responses to “The beginning…”

1. gunner711 November 8, 2012 at 7:53 am #

Hello Sir,

I am an Indian, considering applying to Germany for an MBA.
    Can you tell me if it is easy for Indians to get a job in Germany, post MBA? Because, in the UK, i have heard that it is not!
    Also, what is the average salary and the average hike that MBA’s get in Germany?

Thanks in advance!
    Regards

• shresthabikram November 8, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for stopping by. Let me provide you with some of the information around the topic. I was lucky to meet the students from Mannheim MBA 2012 batch and found that most of them already have job(s). There is a dedicated career service team working for this area. And its just been little more than a month for my batch in Mannheim, and we already have five company presentations. I hope I was able to help you with the information.

Regards
      -Bikram Shrestha-

2. Anshuman D November 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

Great Stuff Bikram, I am glad you are enjoying the program. You are already leaving footprints… proud of you. :))

• Priyank Kishor November 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Hi Bikram

Great insights

I am Mannheim 2013/14 candidate. Looking forward to this space for more experience shared by you.
      God Bless !!

• -Bikram Shrestha- November 20, 2012 at 11:44 pm #

Hi,

Thank you for dropping by the blog. Nice to hear that you are Mannheim MBA candidate 🙂 You would definitely find more insights here in coming days.

Regards
        -Bikram Shrestha-

3. gunner711 November 23, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

740 GMAT, 9.04 GPA, 18 months of work ex in SAP, India.
    How would you rate my chances?

• -Bikram Shrestha- November 23, 2012 at 10:19 pm #

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Mannheim MBA.
      Admission is a three stage selection process. You could refer to (http://www.mannheim-mba.com/ ) for more detail information. You could also contact Admission Team for more information around the admission process.

Regards